Whether it’s handheld, canister, backpack or upright the smaller the vacuum cleaner the better, and it wasn’t long before I hopped on the wagon. First I compiled a list of all the desired specification and then I set out to look for a nice and lightweight vacuum for my home. This is a breakdown of the top three machines that met my criteria.
The Eureka Easy Clean 71B
This small handheld device (15X7X7 inches) has the power of a 5.5 amp suction strength behind it and its other specifications include:
- A clear dustbin so you know when you need to empty it which requires no bag and is also very easy to clean.
- It comes with a stretch hose attachment and a built-in revolving brush tool which has its own separate motor.
- There is another motor which powers the devices suction capabilities.
- Its riser visor is great for vacuuming carpeted stairs and upholstered furniture.
- The 71B also includes a crevice tool for fishing out dirt from the nooks and crannies around your house.
Overall it weighs a meager 4.8 pounds and it has a long 20ft cord (thrice the length of its body) so moving around a room with it is convenient.
Dirt Devil (SD20000)
This machine stays true to its name as it isn’t one vacuum at all, instead it is a combination of 3- a utility cleaner, an upright stick vacuum and a handheld device (which detaches from the main body). The Dirt Devil is truly a stick vacuum cleaner especially since once the handheld is detached it is as thin as a rake (product dimensions are 7X11X45 inches).
The stick itself is easy to move around on smooth rolling wheels and it is very lightweight so carrying it upstairs and around the house is easy as pie. Not only is it a corded device but it is also bag-less, it has an easy to remove and empty dirt cup instead.
Surprisingly although it appears to be much bigger than the Eureka mentioned earlier it weighs only an almost non-existent 1.9 pounds. It too has a tool for those hard to reach areas and it would make for a cheaper alternative to the first device.
Eureka 3670G Canister Vacuum
While this machine is slightly bigger than the two I mentioned previously it is still lightweight and small. This 12 amp cleaner has been designed with a power touch handle as well as fingertip controls that are simple to understand and it includes the following attachments
- A floor brush and floor nozzle for non-carpeted areas.
- It also includes an upholstery nozzle, a crevice tool like the others and a dusting brush.
- Its cord is 20ft long and it also has a blower port for drying surfaces.
Unlike the other two devices it comes with automatic shut-off capability so you never have to worry about it overheating.
Summary and Recommendations
At 18.2X13.6X13.6 inches and weighing in at 10 pounds the Eureka 3670G is certainly the largest among these three devices although very small in comparison to traditional machines. Overall however, all three devices are lightweight making it easy to manoeuvre them around the house, carry up stairs and store away.
In terms of price none of them are more than $60 which makes any one of them a steal but in terms of capabilities the Eureka 3670G is the most advanced. Ultimately, when it comes to finding top rated vacuums, it all depends on your preferences with regard to budget and type, whether canister, upright or handheld; the Dirt Devil being the cheapest, lightest and a combination device as well.